Feltham Road MPD

RAY NORWOOD

I have not done anymore to the layout only some repair work on the Ash ballist as it has started to crack in this heat. I just cover it with some coal and PVA glue. Ready for Hayle show on the August Bank Holiday.

Looking forward for it, It will great to see everyone there.

• 5 months later...

This year's Exhibitions 

Tonbridge 18th February 2023

Bristol 28th 30th April 2023

Mendip 10th 11th June 2023

Penarth 8th 9th July 2023

Northampton 12th August 2023

Stafford 23rd 24th September 2023

Portsmouth 17th 18th February 2024

As you can see Feltham Road MPD is very busy for this year and one show for next year. 

You exhibition Managers out there I am looking for shows for next year.

20221008_133438.jpg

20221008_133425.jpg

20221008_133419.jpg

20220827_153328.jpg

Edited by RAY NORWOOD
  • Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, RAY NORWOOD said:

This year's Exhibitions 

Tonbridge 18th February 2023

Bristol 28th 30th April 2023

Mendip 10th 11th June 2023

Penarth 8th 9th July 2923

Northampton 12th August 2023

Stafford 23rd 24th September 2923

Portsmouth 17th 18th February 2024

As you can see Feltham Road MPD is very busy for this year and one show for next year. 

You exhibition Managers out there I am looking for shows for next year.

20221008_133438.jpg

20221008_133425.jpg

20221008_133419.jpg

20220827_153328.jpg

See you at Bristol. We are there with my Czech layout 'Dobris' .

• RMweb Gold

Good day yesterday helping Ray at Tonbridge. The show was very busy so hopefully the club generated some funds.

There always seemed to be a lot of people watching and I particularly liked the fact there were so many children milling around with their stools. They all behaved so well, a real credit to their guardians. I thought the stools combined with the metal ‘guides’ in front of the layouts worked really well for the little ones.

It also proved the value of the phone control setup Ray has - as he could hand them the control or get them to blow the whistle. It’s nearly worth all the stress the technology can bring!

one last highlight for me……hearing the surprise from people when Ray said we’d had a journey to make from North Devon - when he sounds like he is only 5 minutes up the road!

Thanks for letting me tag along Ray, enjoyed the weekend and the socials on Friday night.

James

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

3 hours ago, jamest said:

Good day yesterday helping Ray at Tonbridge. The show was very busy so hopefully the club generated some funds.

There always seemed to be a lot of people watching and I particularly liked the fact there were so many children milling around with their stools. They all behaved so well, a real credit to their guardians. I thought the stools combined with the metal ‘guides’ in front of the layouts worked really well for the little ones.

It also proved the value of the phone control setup Ray has - as he could hand them the control or get them to blow the whistle. It’s nearly worth all the stress the technology can bring!

one last highlight for me……hearing the surprise from people when Ray said we’d had a journey to make from North Devon - when he sounds like he is only 5 minutes up the road!

Thanks for letting me tag along Ray, enjoyed the weekend and the socials on Friday night.

James

Thank you for your comment James and thank you for your help and company and also Ian and his crew on Tidworth and not for getting all the Tonbridge club member for making us all welcome and looking after us all. Its was very nice seeing the childrens faces when they touch the whistle button and they here the whistle go off. Again thank you to the to Tonbridge club.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RAY NORWOOD said:

Thank you for your comment James and thank you for your help and company and also Ian and his crew on Tidworth and not for getting all the Tonbridge club member for making us all welcome and looking after us all. Its was very nice seeing the childrens faces when they touch the whistle button and they here the whistle go off. Again thank you to the to Tonbridge club.

Thank you Ray for bringing Feltham Road to Tonbridge.  We are glad you had a good time at the show.  We certainly received a lot of positive feedback from the public, layout owners and operating teams, traders and demonstrator.

Colin

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, RAY NORWOOD said:

There is no other way to go to Wales. I've got my passport ready.

Only need your passport going into Cornwall! 

At least you don't need to pay to go into Wales anymore either.