Feltham Road MPD

RAY NORWOOD

I have put these wheels on one end plate to make transporting the layout easyer to move about,you just move it just like a wheelbarrow

But still need a lift at steps but it still saves carrying it from the car to exhibition hall.

post-3746-0-13160000-1510132611_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

Hi Jack.

At the moment I am just finishing a Merchant Navy kit. But also I am just finishing two box wagons kits one a Dapol and the other a canbrian, to go onto the bridge on the left by the entrance to the fiddle yard. I should have put on this thread.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Feltham Road MPS 2018 Exhibition dates.

Heston Cornwall 21st, 22nd April

RMweb Members day 29th April

Shelton Mallet June 9th, 10th TBC

Minehead 4th August

Hayle 25th, 26th August.

Cheltenham 27th, 28th. TBC

I will update when confirmation comes in

Edited by RAY NORWOOD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have been working on the turntable for the last few weeks. Trying to make it run more reliable, I have done away with the thrust bearing and fitted a roller bearing on top and underneath the baseboard. The roller bearing is behind the coupling, I made the bearing holder out of plastic card drilled a 5mm hole in the canter then pushed the bearing into the 5mm hole I then two holes at ether end and made them into slots so it can be adjusted, I used a 5mm tube through both of the bearings to get them aligned, and I also fitted a flexible coupling.

post-3746-0-52482200-1522935519_thumb.jpg

Because of the new coupling I had to make a new brake arrangement to stop the table from moving when loco's run on and off

post-3746-0-36070800-1522935857_thumb.jpg

As well as all that I made a new centre shaft out of brass tubes and a brass wire, I put the brass wire into a twomm tube the the twomm tube into a 3mm tube using super glue to hold them in place, I then cut two pieces of brass the same size, I drilled a 5mm hole in one and a 4mm in the other I also drilled two small holes in both so they line up with each of the plates I then soldered a 4mm tube onto the plate with the 4mm hole and then a 5mm onto the other plate, I then put the 4mm tube through the top of the table and slide the 4mm tube through the 5mm up to the bottom of the table and I used two 12ba bolts to hold the two plates tight against the table, then cut off the excess

post-3746-0-70291500-1522939662_thumb.jpg

Then glue the 2 and 3mm assembly up through the 4mm tube make sure it is flush with the top.

post-3746-0-39408900-1522941769_thumb.jpg

Got to paint the plate.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Feltham Road is all setup at Helston Cornwall and rearing to go tomorrow. Had a test run and all is well after a problem with the Raspbery pi would not connect to the Usb interface but soon got that sorted and all working good now.

• Like 1

Hi Ray

Nice to see you again today at Helston just a shame I couldn't chat longer but it was the end of the show, it was a real pleasure to see Feltham Road and your Bibby Line was a real inspiration!

Hi Ray

Good to see you again.....

Feltham Road is looking superb....Glad I've finally seen it in the flesh....

Sorry to hear of your G6 gear problems....

A real pain as it was working before you painted it....

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow....

Cheers Bill

Hi Ray

Nice to see you again today at Helston just a shame I couldn't chat longer but it was the end of the show, it was a real pleasure to see Feltham Road and your Bibby Line was a real inspiration!

Hi it was good talking to you this afternoon and pleased you like Bibby Line. The next time Feltham Road will be down Cornwall is at Hayle at the end of August.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...