Hornby Announce Peckett W4 0-4-0ST

WD0-6-0

I've just received an e-mail from Hornby saying my pre-ordered Manchester Ship Canal Peckett is in their warehouse and will be dispatched shortly.

So I wonder if it will manage to arrive just before Christmas or just after...

Still no news of mail order from Hattons so far, I hope Hornby remember we can't all get out to shops to buy these,being housebound, and normally support shops rather than buying direct. There obviously is no chance before Xmas now with about 4 days to go. Still gives an opportunity to get the small layout ready with other locos over the Holiday break.

Stephen.

As I've checked on the Hornby website just now the MSC and Dodo are available to order now in time for Christmas - ignore the initial out of stock on Dodo, just search for R3427 and it's there in stock... unless there is a problem with the website!!!

Hope someone gets what they want - in time for the man in the big red suit on Christmas day!

Stuart

ARCADIARAIL SHAW   Has  stock  of    Huntley & Palmer  Pecketts

suggest  telephone  call 01706882900  rather  than  email 

Rapid  Mail order available

BUT closed  on  Tuesday.

Arcadia will be open tomorrow [Tuesday] for the run upto Christmas

• RMweb Gold

Don't panic just yet. Hattons say that last posting for Christmas will be Wednesday with 48 hour delivery. Or pay a bit extra for 24 hour delivery on Thursday.

http://www.hattons.co.uk/NewsDetail.aspx?id=141

Jason 

But all Hattons are saying on the website at present is "Due into stock December 2016".

I feel that any orders from Hattons might arrive sometime before the New Year.

Or not.

Its the same for the B12 (LNER) which was indicated as "19th or later" until this morning.

I'm just waiting for the email of doom......

Edited by Hroth

• RMweb Gold

Still no news of mail order from Hattons so far, I hope Hornby remember we can't all get out to shops to buy these,being housebound, and normally support shops rather than buying direct. There obviously is no chance before Xmas now with about 4 days to go. Still gives an opportunity to get the small layout ready with other locos over the Holiday break.

Stephen.

If you really want your locos as soon as they arrive in country best thing to do is order them direct from Hornby and then you will get them quickly. Join the Hornby Collectors Club and you'll get 10% off plus free postage.

Be interesting to see what you pay for your models from Hattons especially after paying the £4.00 delivery charges.

Might even be cheaper to try The Hobby Shop at Faversham if you still want to deal with a shop.

Keith

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

My pre-order is "in processing" with 48 hour tracking from Rails of Sheffield. 

,,,getting excited...

but OH says he is going to intercept it and I won't be able to open it until C*******s Day...

...so long as he puts a sound chip in it!  HOHOHO!

As I've checked on the Hornby website just now the MSC and Dodo are available to order now in time for Christmas - ignore the initial out of stock on Dodo, just search for R3427 and it's there in stock... unless there is a problem with the website!!!

Hope someone gets what they want - in time for the man in the big red suit on Christmas day!

Stuart

None in stock at Hornby this morning, tried various routes and all come up as out of stock when you add to basket

Very sadly no news from Hattons today, so it looks quite bleak for Xmas now, it seems Hornby have sold out direct etc and are unable to supply more at present. Letting down patiently waiting customers is doing nothing for fostering better sales in general. not serious in the short term, but it still indicates that FE production is bad overall, just glut and famine supplies.

Obviously Hornby may deliver the back orders before the week is oit, but the next holiday week is then out for deliveries, so the New Year then?

Very sadly no news from Hattons today, so it looks quite bleak for Xmas now, it seems Hornby have sold out direct etc and are unable to supply more at present. Letting down patiently waiting customers is doing nothing for fostering better sales in general. not serious in the short term, but it still indicates that FE production is bad overall, just glut and famine supplies.

Obviously Hornby may deliver the back orders before the week is oit, but the next holiday week is then out for deliveries, so the New Year then?

There are a lot of elves at work in warehouses and shops packing boxes and driving lorries around the country dodging industrial action in the hope that all good little boys and girls get their toys for Christmas.

But if they don't succeed; man up a bit.

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

There are a lot of elves at work in warehouses and shops packing boxes and driving lorries around the country dodging industrial action in the hope that all good little boys and girls get their toys for Christmas.

But if they don't succeed; man up a bit.

I'm still waiting news from Alton about mine but the simple fact is that it will either arrive there this week or it won't and whichever of those turns out to be the case I understand that the earth will continue to rotate and that 25 December will still occur on Sunday and that there is absolutely nothing i can do about either.  So why the heck should I start worrying about it?

• Like 3