Hornby Announce Peckett W4 0-4-0ST

WD0-6-0

• RMweb Premium

At the moment Monk Bar Model Shop in York have four Huntley & Palmers in stock, according to their web site:

http://www.monkbarmodelshop.co.uk/model-railways/oo-gauge-model-railways/Hornby-oo-locomotives/43424-r3429-peckett-0-4-0t-hp.html

Both the green versions are shown as 'out of stock'.  When I was in the shop on Saturday they told me their Pecketts were expected this week; not sure whether that means the green ones have been and gone or are still awaited.

Well Hattons are supplying stock still due? They are saying later today now for "due in", I'll wait. but it is frustrating and so disorganised by Hornby. Thanks for stock updates from other shops, but I hate cancelling and swapping orders, especially as the three orders were placed on the very first day possible months ago.

• RMweb Gold

My MSC Peckett is due to become LMS 16043.  It looks like the cab will need re-doing, slightly different cut out shape and a more substantial rear that extends over the buffer beam.  I think the G&SWR version actually rides slightly higher.  Over-laying photos, I think more of the wheel is visible under the running plate.  That might solve the raised buffer beam issue but then create some problems around the cyclinders and motion bracket.  I will then need to source the same sort of dome found on the other Pecketts (I chose MSC because the other two have an extra box on the running plate).

I haven't got any work-space and only minimal tools to hand at the moment (a total house refurbishment is the main priority at the moment) but I think I have enough for this.

• RMweb Gold

Well Hattons are supplying stock still due? They are saying later today now for "due in", I'll wait. but it is frustrating and so disorganised by Hornby. Thanks for stock updates from other shops, but I hate cancelling and swapping orders, especially as the three orders were placed on the very first day possible months ago.

As you clearly know other stores have had their stocks, there may well be a number of reasons why a different retailer gets stocks later than others, many of those reasons are not necessarily of Hornby's making so to simply blame Hornby as being "disorganised"  without any substantiation is possibly unfair and maybe unwarranted.

• RMweb Gold

I ordered mine from Hornby a few months ago, expecting delivery around Christmas. I had an email a couple of days ago stating it was in the warehouse, then one from PayPal stating my order had been paid for. DPD/Interlink sent emails and a message to my phone app giving me a delivery time this morning. Arrived punctually.

Seems quite efficient to me.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Well if you ordered the HP one I'm surprised you haven't heard I had mine picked and despatched yesterday. It also depends how many they have to ship as they are one of the biggest retailers and all these on top of Xmas orders must be making it very busy even with seasonal staff.

I talked to someone a couple of days ago who didn't even know they were due this year so will probably have had a very nice surprise when the email popped up.

It was so much simpler before the net whipped up this expectation ;)

You only have to read other posters to see how well the distribution is going. It is not the shops it is Hornby. Well good luck to them selling direct and leaving out others. They knew the demand, they had the stuff in  from China and now we have the usual glut and famine sales.

• RMweb Gold

You only have to read other posters to see how well the distribution is going. It is not the shops it is Hornby. Well good luck to them selling direct and leaving out others. They knew the demand, they had the stuff in  from China and now we have the usual glut and famine sales.

I think you need to go back and read the very reasonable post from Graham - Post 963. I don't think you can substantiate your comments which, to me, tend to fall into the category of 'post truth' so favoured by certain politicians.

Hope you do get your HP version soon and enjoy a peaceful and profitable Christmas. Good luck for 2017.

best wishes

Godfrey

The concern was not for myself as two are intended as gifts, one to a dear friend who has helped greatly whilst I was too ill to continue with any modelling. Hattons do now say all three should be there today, and there may be time to get here, just!

• RMweb Gold

Au contraire, Bertie. Hornby will estimate the sales and order accordingly. Let's not lose sight that Hornby is not a faceless organisation. There will be people working there who are stressed and running about like head less chickens to get everything done by Christmas.

It will arrive.

• Like 1

Hattons has received Dodo.

Now hopefully it gets out to the USA before new years.

I wouldn't trust Hatton's online stock system, I've seen them show items 'in stock' and even take payment only for the process to collapse at their end, resulting in a refund. It's probably best to pick up the phone and call them if you want a reliable indication of what they actually have in stock.

I wouldn't trust Hatton's online stock system, I've seen them show items 'in stock' and even take payment only for the process to collapse at their end, resulting in a refund. It's probably best to pick up the phone and call them if you want a reliable indication of what they actually have in stock.

By phone, and the live chat they offer, on line, on which they checked the order number very promptly. I think I may transfer the present to a loco I have aside already to be sure of making the gift in time.

Just had confirmation from Hattons that they have processed my order for one Dodo and two MSC Pecketts.

Yep: one of each of the 3 Pecketts, and one of each of the B12s, have been invoiced and picked/packed according to emails from Hattons. Delivery scheduled for tomorrow. Well that's nice.

Though this is going to be an expensive month...

Paul

I got an email from Hattons this morning to tell me that "Dodo" was being processed and that I would be informed by email when it gets bunged in the post. Should arrive in time for Ukrainian Christmas :-)

Cheers,

David

• Like 1

I wasn't aware of this until this morning - it is not something I have sanctioned...

I'll have a word with my team.

Maybe they were hoping to peckett the difference ...

... don't worry, hat and coat already on ;)

I've just had a telephone conversion with one of the very nice people at Hattons on a matter unrelated to the Pecketts, BUT I thought I would broach the subject.

For those that deal with Hattons, this is what I was told.

The H&P's were delivered yesterday with the rest of the Dodo's and MSC's turning up earlier today. They have had enough delivered to deal with all pre-orders. Those that had the H&P and A.N. Other Pecketts on order have been held back till today to send out in one package. They are working flat out to process all orders and once dispatched are at the mercy of the delivery companies.

Seemed like a very honest answer to me.

Stop Press.

I've just heard that the Mr. Hen Peckett of Margate has now had all the confusion surrounding his return home on the 16th December explained to him.

In a statement read out by his solicitor (that doesn't come from Ealing) he said, he wasn't aware that there was a locomotive manufacturer, let alone a model of said locomotive that he shared his name with. Having now seen thousands of the models in a local warehouse he and his wife understood what all the fuss was about.

In fact, he was so taken with the little locomotive he said he now hopes to take up railway modelling and plans a small industrial layout that will fit nicely in his wife's alcove. He also said he was aware he may have to wait for the second production run but was quite prepared to wait.

P

• Like 2