Hornby Announce Peckett W4 0-4-0ST

WD0-6-0

• RMweb Premium

Just got that email too so it looks like that will have to be my New Year present to me and I shall have to buy myself something else for Christmas!  :yes:

Decisions, decisions.   :scratchhead:  

We were discussing things on a Peckett though so it's fair game. ;)

What I originally came on here for was that the H&P one is now showing for 12th of January. I don't know whether that's a good or bad thing. I'll have to make sure I don't spend all my money on other things.

Jason

A box of Huntley & Palmers biscuits for Christmas? :jester:

Quite right - flying the flag upside down is a pet hate of mine*. When I rule the country is will be a criminal offence :jester:

I once had a big argument with one of the European government establishments in Brussels that had our flag upside down. They argued there was no right way so they were firmly put in their place. One hour later it was the right way up!

Roy

* along with calling it the Union Jack.

Which constituency are you standing for? I’ll have to move so that I can vote for you. When you get the Flag Act passed, do you intend to sort out the railways? 

Probably Huntley and Palm oil now .I have given up biscuits ,cakes ,and white bread .Already lost a few whatsits .I dont weigh myself ,just pick an item of clothing  thats impossibly tight and stop overeating until I fit it .This time it is a Springsteen  T with a Telecaster on it bought at the London calling show  and doesnt fit with any modicum of decency .I have an H&P on order so look forward to it.

• Like 3

I didn't know you could get them anymore. So to Google...

Found their website but not much choice unfortunately.

Jason

Also available from the shop in Reading Museum.

The first couple of years I held the Kenavon show we bought H&P biscuits from the museum and sold them at  the show as we were raising funds for an abortive effort to restore HP1 (proceeds from the show now go to the Cholsey & Wallingford Railway Station Development Fund).

(Edited for clarity as I realised it could be read that Reading Museum were selling the biscuits to raise money for the C&WR - which is definitely not the case!)

Edited by RJS1977

• RMweb Premium

Someone mentioned the song "Gotta pick a Peckett or two" so here are a few lines to that well known tune.  Dare anyone add more?

(Hornby)

One two three W4s

Up for grabs, Pre-orders.

Better get some of those wonderful toys.

You gotta pick a Peckett or two*

You gotta pick a Peckett or two, boys

You gotta pick a Peckett or two.

(Boys - and girls)

Fit a sound chip then we'll see

If it will go "Choo choo!"

Still waiting for mine...I'm dreaming of a BLUE Christmas.... [Edit :  We'll have to wait even longer, now, with new due date....]

* Edit - missed the line out first time round!

Edited by southern42
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

....and minutes after getting an email from Hornby announcing arrival of my BR (late) B12 also got an  email advising that my Huntley and Palmers Peckett has also arrived at the warehouse and is being prepared for despatch.

Keith

• Like 2

Well if this doesn't take the biscuit.............and I feel Peckettish, Huntley and Palmers have now arrived at Hornby

Do you know approximately how long it will take to arrive at model shops?

Also I feel like these manufactures are trying to make me broke, releasing all these models I want in such a sort space of time or some tempting offer appears!

and Father Christmas now has me on the "NO TRAINS FOR CHRISTMAS" list.

Edited by Pannier Tank Man

• RMweb Gold

Do you know approximately how long it will take to arrive at model shops?

Also I feel like these manufactures are trying to make me broke, releasing all these models I want in such a sort space of time or some tempting offer appears!

and Father Christmas now has me on the "NO TRAINS FOR CHRISTMAS" list.

As Hornby use Inter Link to deliver to both shop and website customers I would think that the models will be appearing in shops by the end of this week. 

• RMweb Gold

Here's hoping that they got enough H&P Pecketts for all the stockist pre-orders!

After the past few weeks, I'd given up on both the Peckett and the B12 arriving before Christmas, so I ordered myself a consolation loco.

Now it looks like I'm going to get at least two, and perhaps all three....

I wish they'd get organised!

• RMweb Gold

Here's hoping that they got enough H&P Pecketts for all the stockist pre-orders!

After the past few weeks, I'd given up on both the Peckett and the B12 arriving before Christmas, so I ordered myself a consolation loco.

Now it looks like I'm going to get at least two, and perhaps all three....

I wish they'd get organised!

It would appear that they are fairly well organised as the last dates from Hornby quoted in this thread were 11 December for Dodo and 24 December for the H&P engine.  Assuming that both arrived in the same container then it would seem reasonable to assume from teh latest information that they will be in the shops sometime between those two dates.

• RMweb Gold

It would appear that they are fairly well organised as the last dates from Hornby quoted in this thread were 11 December for Dodo and 24 December for the H&P engine.  Assuming that both arrived in the same container then it would seem reasonable to assume from teh latest information that they will be in the shops sometime between those two dates.

Hornbys last revision of the H&P Peckett delivery date put it forward to mid-January from Christmas Eve.  Now it's been moved back by a month.  I'm not complaining (honest!), but a bit of consistency never harmed forward planning!

• RMweb Premium

Hornbys last revision of the H&P Peckett delivery date put it forward to mid-January from Christmas Eve.  Now it's been moved back by a month.  I'm not complaining (honest!), but a bit of consistency never harmed forward planning!

For the likely reasons, see the DJM Class 71 thread.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Gold

Good grief how dare they deliver early, we spend all this effort castigating them for lateness and it all turns out to be a waste of effort because they hit the original date! That's it I'm gonna have a huff I have little enough spare energy to waste it on telling them off when they didn't need it.

Now I'm going to be forced to enjoy Christmas, what next?

;)

• Like 1

Wait? So have all three arrived? Or just the HP one arrived early? Thought it was going to be 'Dodo' and the Manchester Shipping Cannel Versions first? After all 'Dodo' has been seen in Oz? :scratchhead:  

Edited by SDJR7F88

Wait? So have all three arrived? Or just the HP one arrived early? Thought it was going to be 'Dodo' and the Manchester Shipping Cannel Versions first? After all 'Dodo' has been seen in Oz? :scratchhead:  

by the looks of it just H&P one has arrived according to their website, as both MSC and Dodo still say pre-order whilst the other ssays new and has no release date on it information.

edit: apparently there is 1 left if you want to snap it up quickly.

further edit: well it says sold out when looking at all 3 but if you click on the the H&P one it says 1 left so might be a bug

Edited by Pannier Tank Man

• RMweb Gold

I have all 3 on order, I've just checked my pre-orders and H&P is showing charged and despatched.

My B12 is showing as processing...

So looks like I've got 4 separate boxes coming from Big H this week (coke hoppers arrived today in 2 boxes already).