Jonny's "where are these?" photo album

jonny777

Post 287 - Think image 1 is actually Nairn this time.  Google streetview suggests a bit of restoration on a chimney, and vegetation obscuring the dormer-windowed house in the distance (although it's still there)

Image 3 is at Alloa.

Think you mean 8 is Alloa, (or did you mean the third one down :)

Jim

It looks to me to be a 4 COR but I'm no expert on SR units.

Think so - whatever it is, it's a very uncommon type (i.e. old SR express unit) for the SE division/Orpington, which is why it piqued my curiosity. And again, there's a lot of platform-end activity for a normal service train as opposed to an enthusiast special.

Thankyou very much to everyone who has contributed to the latest identifications.

Yes, the Nelson To Waterloo tour of 1/10/72 does seem a very good shout, as the station is Orpington. I bet they didn't get many 4-CORs there, if any, until that trip. 

If the tanks on 14 are at Cranmore, then I suspect that 13 was taken from the same railtour - The Somerset Quarryman of 16/4/72. The other reversal points were Radstock West, Writhlington, Merehead, Witham and Yeovil.

Could that be St Nicholas' Church, Radstock in the distance on 13, with the track leading to the site of a turntable in the foreground?

Edited by jonny777

• 4 weeks later...

Could someone please put me out of my misery and identify this location please.

I have been looking in likely areas, (the destination blind reads Cambridge) but there are lots of stations which tend to look the same.

post-4474-0-81035900-1452170329_thumb.jpg

Here is another photo location which is eluding me.

There are some wagons in sidings in the distance, but what is the working that 56025 is heading?

attachicon.gif56025 1999.jpg

Jonny

Fairly certain that it is Milford/Gas wood. the 56 is taking the Ferrybridge route , the other 2 tracks take you to Castleford

Pete

Edited by cb900f

That is great, thanks. It has saved me hours of searching for what I thought was a single line junction with double track. :scratchhead:

Now I realise that the singled track must be what remains of the old slow lines.