Tees Yard WRD

Alcanman

I have to agree it does make a nice change to the 66 Ying.  My Sound fitted 60 arrived yesterday and I'm really pleased with it, it too is a biffo one.

The layouts looking good, I like the grass around the tracks, something I'm hoping to achieve on my layout.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Brilliant job, I'm glad I found the thread! I'm definently going to do something similar! I'll keep my eye on this for any more updates and any more running days you have.

Well done :)

Kind regards

• Like 1

Just chanced upon this little nugget of a micro layout :O thanks to the previous post.

Superb modelling. Who needs acres of space when the detailing and execution of build is this good.

Coupled with the excellent Legoman sounds, what more could you ask for ? ( apart from a bit of Rail Blue :no: of course).

Fantastic and inspirational.

Paul 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This is my first posting of 2016 and changes are afoot at Tees Yard WRD.  It had occured to me that most of my small collection of EWS wagons were steel types, BDA,BYA and BZA.

Thoughts turned to a steel related layout and browsing through 'British Railway Goods Wagons in colour 1960 - 2003, I found some pics of Wolverhampton Steel Terminal. A large covered warehouse with one internal siding and a few sidings with hardstanding and a crane for unloading onto lorries. Just the sort of scene which would make a small, interesting, shunting layout. Also a nice variety of steel wagon types.

Further research here on RMWeb revealed the WST had been modelled on the superb 'Horseley Fields' n gauge exhibtion layout and this recent discussion provided more info and inspiration.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/106424-modern-steel-trains-1990s-2015/

This has inspired me to think about building a layout with a mini version of WST, however, for the time being Tees Yard WRD will be 'converted' to a small steel terminal.

Firstly, the lifting jacks have been removed and the 3 workmen are in deep discussion regarding their future!

post-7898-0-23780500-1455193952_thumb.jpg

post-7898-0-66431700-1455193981_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Thanks Rob. You certainly have a good memory. The layout was 'Websters Steel', my intoduction to DCC.

post-7898-0-16694200-1455301387_thumb.jpg

I'd forgotten 'Anderstaff Yard', superb layout. I saw it at a local exhibition, one of the first I'd seen with DCC sound.

Edited by Alcanman
  • Like 3

Thanks Rob. You certainly have a good memory. The layout was 'Websters Steel', my intoduction to DCC.

attachicon.gifWebsters Steel 1.jpg

I'd forgotten 'Anderstaff Yard', superb layout. I saw it at a local exhibition, one of the first I'd seen with DCC sound.

I can't remember what I did last week though !

I've liked all your layouts but had a soft spot for websters as exactly the sort of thing EWS would have served when they were optimistic at the start

• Like 1

Thanks Rob.

I've been trying to think of a name for the new layout, maybe 'Websters Steel Terminal'  would be good. In fact, the Websters building may even be re-cycled and feature on the new layout.

Edited by Alcanman
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Tees Yard WRD is no more. :bye:

As I mentioned in my previous posts, I've been planning a new layout, a small steel terminal. I'll start a new thread soon.

Meantime, thanks to those who have followed the layout, provided encouragement, and a few kind words. I hope you like the new layout.

Coming Soon - Websters Steel Returns!

post-7898-0-05734900-1457628746_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Good bye Tees Yard WRD.. I know your layout building philosophy means that none of your creations survive into old age so good luck with the new project.

Had a run past Tees Yard 2 weeks ago and I'm wondering if the actual location will survive much longer???

For the first ever, wether visiting TE and the yard, or passing on a train, there wasn't one loco present - anywhere.

Standing near the WRD was a solitary 08 in RES livery.

Regards

Alan

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just another one of your great layouts. Do you have any plans to make the next one an exhibition layout?

Would be good to see it in the flesh! If not I'm happy to keep watching on here.

Best regards

Daz

Thanks Daz . I'm afraid I don't build layouts for exhibition.

However, I'm currently planning a new layout which will probably have a track plan similar to my last (aborted) project Websters Steel Terminal.

Watch this space!

Mal

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...