The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Driving standards

hayfield

• RMweb Premium

I hope more than a few NIPs are on their way to those drivers.  The general lack of respect for other road users, especially those for whom the roads are a place of work, amazes me.  I don't so much mean "my lot" (bus/coach drivers for those who haven't been following the thread), but as in the example above, bin men, why not give them time and space to do their job safely?  If one steps out from behind the lorry as you're driving down the pavement... worse still of a child runs out of a driveway as you're driving past down the pavement, what's going to happen?  Its not hard to work out for goodness sake!  At the end of the day, they're doing a job for you, for me, for everyone.  Whether its bin men, recovery services (why do people insist on passing as close as possible? Slow down, pass wide, leave the mechanic space to work when he'd knelt down next to a car!), those who maintain or repair roads, street sweepers on foot or in lorries, or even dare I say delivery drivers - its amazing how often I hear passengers complaining things like "he shouldn't stop in the bus lane...", well where would you like him to stop?  Its safe, legal, he's delivering goods you might want to buy, its a minor inconvenience to pass him but he has his job to do just like I have mine.  

Grrrrrrr... <insert angry face here>

• Like 1

"The driver hit it and then claimed compensation", yep, them stones are tricky rascals, jumping here and there, leaping into your path when you least expect it.

Really, some people shouldn't be allowed out on their own.

• RMweb Premium

"The rock was all over the road. I had to swerve several times before I hit it"

We had a guy who killed his 3 sons. He drove into a lake. He drove off the main road & followed the road around a complicated path, while 'having a coughing fit'. The jury so through this & he's serving time, after successfully appealing, then undergoing a retrial & losing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Farquharson

• Like 1

"The driver hit it and then claimed compensation", yep, them stones are tricky rascals, jumping here and there, leaping into your path when you least expect it.

Really, some people shouldn't be allowed out on their own.

It only makes them boulder.

• RMweb Premium

I'll just squeeze through here...oh Bol.....!

Another caravan in trouble

What gets me is he is clearly in the wrong but still rants at the other driver.

Edited by PhilJ W

I'll just squeeze through here...oh Bol.....!

That one is an excellent demonstration of why dash-cams are good.

From the aftermath it looked like the mean lorry driver had run into the back of the nice man going on his holidays. In fact that was how the local news initially reported it.

Then the lorry driver got fed up with the abuse he was getting and posted that video.

• RMweb Premium

Another caravan in trouble

What gets me is he is clearly in the wrong but still rants at the other driver.

Quoted one (not on this reply) is idiot and dangerous, the lower one the dashcam driver is partly responsible

Edited by MJI

• RMweb Premium

I have just purchased a dash cam, I will be installing it as soon as the car has been returned from the repairers. I decided to get one when my door mirror was shattered by an idiot coming the other way, on the way to get the dash cam another car pulled out of a side turning and hit my car. The second driver stopped and exchanged details but the one who broke the mirror needless to say didn't stop.

• Like 1