Pencarne, = BLT from page 54

Andrew P

I know, we need DCC Figures so we can move them about, and with DCC SOUND for the talking, puffing and panting, hahha.

I don't know why the jogger just doesn't catch a train. There been plenty of nice ones in the last few days.

Looking good Andy. Some lovely pics again.

Dan

Cheers Guys, and I appreciate all the likes etc. I look at them all, THANKS.

Here's some more not such good ones of the Southern N Class brining up the Morning China Clays that will be forwarded to Fowey with a GWR Loco, it also collets the 3 Vans in the Mileage Siding for Wenford Bridge.

post-9335-0-67181300-1474320358_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-12593100-1474320379_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-14951900-1474320408_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-27709700-1474320437_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-91713200-1474320472_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-50938700-1474320505_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-83953800-1474320570_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-42131600-1474320602_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-82969700-1474320630_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-89225800-1474320661_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-07000300-1474320697_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-51830900-1474320734_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-05008900-1474320768_thumb.jpg

PENCARNE IN PRESERVATION?

Whilst waiting for the Class 50 Video to up-load I thought I'd share some pics of Pencarne in Preservation, just another idea for a potential buyer.

post-9335-0-32643600-1474366289_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-72539900-1474366351_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-09652700-1474366411_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-00395300-1474366478_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-22164800-1474366540_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-38975200-1474366602_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-02847300-1474366669_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-57859300-1474366725_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-83229700-1474366786_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-16589800-1474366854_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-51353600-1474366910_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-10358600-1474366970_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-72150300-1474367033_thumb.jpg

Back with more later.

That's a good idea Andy.

I was talking to George on sunday at expo about kingsmill and that it was what got me inspiration to start building my own layout.

So thank you Andy keep up the good work buddy.

Thanks Mark, that's kind of you, glad it inspired you to get going mate.

• RMweb Gold

Class 50 Video. The picture on the Video has come out rather jerky, but I reality it's running very smooth so I must be the way my Camera has recorded it.

I'm not a diesel fan, but that shows off the layout really nicely, and the sound too. Didn't come across jerky for me. A very nice little video. You just need some magical way of getting a greater depth of field when filming thew models. If you find one let us all know as everyone would want to use it!

Kind regards, Neil

That's a good idea Andy.

I was talking to George on sunday at expo about kingsmill and that it was what got me inspiration to start building my own layout.

So thank you Andy keep up the good work buddy.

Kingsmill was your finest layout ever, l really liked that one, maybe the new layout will be the similar ?...

Cheers Guys, yes Kingsmill was good to operate, but lacked in the Fiddle Yard department, (only 4ft) and nothing at the Level Crossing end. I need to incorporate something like that into the next project.

I'm not a diesel fan, but that shows off the layout really nicely, and the sound too. Didn't come across jerky for me. A very nice little video. You just need some magical way of getting a greater depth of field when filming thew models. If you find one let us all know as everyone would want to use it!

Kind regards, Neil

Cheers Neil, as for depth of field, I only have a cheap Fuji camera, so not a lot of lenses focus, that's why Steve Flint is coming to do the RM shoot next Month. I did my own Photo Shoot for West Shed, (due in next Month's RM), and also for Porth Merryn, (due April 2017 RM) as they were short Layouts.

My jerkiness on playback may well be due to my CHEAP broadband provider with not a lot of Ponies in the Paddock.

Hey Andy

Its so good to have your photo trips back. I was beginning to think Pencarne had gone ito a twilight zone, rather like the last 3 moths of the S&D. You know just the odd inconveniently timed 1 or 2 coaches behind a Std 4 tank. Not worth even yor attention!?

Before this (like the S&D) disappears from our view, can I pose a few questions?

How did you get on with the card system for freights in the end?

If you felt it worked, could you give us a breakdown of the stages involved?

I've not seen it for a while, but you did run some Pencarne - Helston milk trains. Which way did you view as loaded?

I'm getting close to a passable representation of Helston (station building is next project), and would like to act out

the other end of the journey. Do you have any suggestions as to what facilities I wil need to incorporate at my end?

Keep up the good work, I have been inspired by a few threads on here, but yours is the one that make me think I

can achieve something worthwhile. (Definately a bodger).

TONY

Superb video Andy and that Hoover sounds fantastic. Thoroughly enjoyed watching it. Pity you haven't got any of the Lima Pallet vans or some Cargowaggons as you could have a nice fertiliser flow into the yard which would be believable given the rural location.

Not to mention a nice 37 on the front. Just goes to show what a great layout it Is that you can run it in any period and it doesn't look wrong.

Post #3155 - Whoa that's laying it on a bit thick!

As I said in a previous post (or I implied it) - no wonder the locals spend so much time in the Masons Arms! 

Your right Bogie, but I am a little concerned about the state of the RAC Patrol Man. He's always in there, and my Uncle started off as an RAC Patrol Man on a Bike and Sidecar in Cornwall before eventually becoming Chief Super intendant of the South Eastern Counties and based in Tenterden, Kent. I'm sure he didn't drink that much.

Very nice video Buddy...

Cheers George, I really enjoyed doing this short Video, I might do the 33 or a 47 next, they have Sound as well, then maybe a 9F, Black 5 or Jubilee, just to show that Pen can be worked as part of the old S & D.

Hey Andy

Its so good to have your photo trips back. I was beginning to think Pencarne had gone ito a twilight zone, rather like the last 3 moths of the S&D. You know just the odd inconveniently timed 1 or 2 coaches behind a Std 4 tank. Not worth even yor attention!?

Before this (like the S&D) disappears from our view, can I pose a few questions?

How did you get on with the card system for freights in the end?

If you felt it worked, could you give us a breakdown of the stages involved?

I've not seen it for a while, but you did run some Pencarne - Helston milk trains. Which way did you view as loaded?

I'm getting close to a passable representation of Helston (station building is next project), and would like to act out

the other end of the journey. Do you have any suggestions as to what facilities I wil need to incorporate at my end?

Keep up the good work, I have been inspired by a few threads on here, but yours is the one that make me think I

can achieve something worthwhile. (Definately a bodger).

TONY

Hi Tony, Firstly Thanks for all the likes and comments.

Re the Card System, I have designated Fiddle Yard sidings for Southern / Western Goods, the same for the Passenger and also one for the Wenford Bridge / Fowey China Clays and Van Traffic. I found this helped sort out what came from where. As for the Cards I don't think I ever used them to their full potential as I only had limited sidings for Traffic. My best advice would be to ask John Flann / Hintock or have a look at his on line book, http://www.hintockbranch.com/ in it he details how it works for him. He has the advantage of also having more destinations for his Traffic mainly due to his Layout being pre BR.

Re the Milk Tanks, TBH I just swapped the Blue Tanks for the Silver ones and never really gave any thought as to which way around the Milk / Cream went. Again John attaches some Tanks to his Passenger workings which is correct, but again something I haven't done yet. Again, it's another aspect of his operation that I imagine he can help you with, as his knowledge of the subject is far greater than mine, I have only followed what he has done.

All the best Tony, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do.

Superb video Andy and that Hoover sounds fantastic. Thoroughly enjoyed watching it. Pity you haven't got any of the Lima Pallet vans or some Cargowaggons as you could have a nice fertiliser flow into the yard which would be believable given the rural location.

Not to mention a nice 37 on the front. Just goes to show what a great layout it Is that you can run it in any period and it doesn't look wrong.

Your such a mind reader, ahhaha, I have a couple of Cargowagons and some Railfreight Vans so I guess a Railfreight 37 might have to bring some in soon.

As I said in the reply to George above, I might do a couple of Videos with the 33 and/or 47 soon.

I don't want Pen to look silly, but at the same time I want to show it's full potential to any prospective buyer and I think really from GWR / Southern / LMS / S & D to BR Blue is about as far as it can be stretched with the signage etc. Plus of course as a Preserved Layout as I felt that that worked really well by removing the Dairy and using that siding for Storage.

I have done some more pics that will be down loaded later, maybe after Club tonight.

• RMweb Gold

PENCARNE IN PRESERVATION?

Whilst waiting for the Class 50 Video to up-load I thought I'd share some pics of Pencarne in Preservation, just another idea for a potential buyer.

Very realistic as a preservation site. Lots of stuff (junk?) filling every available siding. Trouble is, it makes operation boring because all there is to do is 'train in, run round, train out, next train in, . . .' !!! But I do like the pictures and atmosphere.

And as has been said earlier, your layouts are a big inspiration - sometime (soon?) I will (honest!) get on to creating something.

Paul.

Thanks Andy for the mention of my card system for operating.

It's easy to set up, not difficult to use and brings in a random fashion order and method to operating in a realistic manner.

I shall be happy to respond if any interested members contact me on my Hintock thread.

My Hintock website offers further and full information.

Addresses of both are below.

Very realistic as a preservation site. Lots of stuff (junk?) filling every available siding. Trouble is, it makes operation boring because all there is to do is 'train in, run round, train out, next train in, . . .' !!! But I do like the pictures and atmosphere.

And as has been said earlier, your layouts are a big inspiration - sometime (soon?) I will (honest!) get on to creating something.

Paul.

Hi Paul, in fairness your right about running as a Preserved Line, but different things suit different people, and for some people it will be the perfect answer to the ultimate Layout.

Each to his or her own.

Hi Peter

Back from a few days holiday and catching up again. Thanks for all the latest photos and video.

The blue 47 looks very much at home on the layout and the idea of having a preservation society take over the yard at Pencarne also works really well.

Cheers

Alan

Archived